“Stuff” (or another S-word) gets thrown at us during life, doesn’t it?
I mean, despite trying to do the right thing, to protect the people we love, to make sure that things go smoothly, sometimes things don’t go the way we want.
Sometimes it is something more minor, like not having an ingredient for the meal you are making right then.
But other times it is more serious.
My friend and mentor, JJ Virgin, had one of those latter experiences.
Her then 14-year-old son, who was going for a walk outside, got hit by a car and was left for dead. When his body was found and rushed to the hospital, the doctors told JJ he wouldn’t make it.
To JJ, that was not an option.
And now, 4 years later, Grant is still alive–and a thriving young man.
I had a chance to speak with JJ about that mindset during a Facebook Live. Did you happen to see it?
If not, she talked about the ingredients of a Miracle Mindset, which include:
- Forgiveness: Letting go of the past by learning from it AND focusing on the present and future. This can be a tough one for a lot of people. But if JJ was so focused on being resentful towards the woman who hit her son (and drove away!), that energy would have taken away from her ability to focus on getting Grant better.
- Being abundance-minded: There is an abundance of everything: health, wealth, love, support and treatments ideas. When you do not have enough of any of these, take a deep breath and then problem solve ways to find them.
- Resilience: Being resilient means never giving up. This is important not only in life and death situations, but also any time when you meet an obstacle to your goal.
- Taking action: When we are overwhelmed, it is easy to do nothing, to be paralyzed with fear. What we need to do, though, it to take a step–any step–in the right direction.
- Collaboration: There are people all around you who want to help out. So reach out! You do NOT have to do this alone.
How can you benefit from these concepts in your life? Try choosing one and apply that step to your life.
And remember, as always, our Facebook Community is here to help you develop and maintain a winning mindset!
P.S. People have been asking me how they can get more information about The Miracle Mindset, so head on over here if you want to learn more.